Earlier this week we released the latest update to Edupress. It includes a few improvements and minor bug fixes plus some new features requested by schools.
Here’s what’s included in the update:
- The staff section in the Silver package has been improved – departments are pre-loaded when you create your site and the main staff page will list staff members for each department in turn, starting with your Senior Leadership Team.
- In the design customiser screen, you can now specify how big you want your logo to be onscreen. This was requested by a school who have been grappling with getting their logo the right size.
- We’ve created a new client area right in your website admin, so you don’t have to leave your site admin to raise a support ticket. We’ll also be adding FAQs to this support page in a future release.
- All new sites come with a Contact page preloaded (which isn’t new). You can now add the url of a map of your school from google maps and it will automatically display in the Contact page.
- We’ve created a Galleries widget for the Silver package so you can display a list of your most recent galleries on your home page or in your sidebar or footer.
We’re always working on new features and are planning another update in April with more features and improvements, including:
- Adding fonts to the design customiser so you can specify the fonts used in your site
- Improvements to the advanced calendar included in the Silver package
- Having year groups already added when you create a Silver site so you don’t have to do it yourself.
- Adding more help videos.
If you’re using Edupress or would like to try it out, but there’s a feature which you’d really like to see added, just drop us a line! If your school or organisation has an Edupress website, just raise a support ticket in the Help and Support section of your site admin, or alternatively drop us an email with your ideas. We can’t promise we’ll be able to do everything, but we’ll have a good look at all suggestions received!