With Edupress, you can point your own domain name at your Edupress site free of charge, so your visitors will continue to use the same domain name even though your site has moved. Here’s how to do it:
- Using the control panel or dashboard provided by your domain provider, create an A record with the following value: 220.127.116.11. You will need to do this in the DNS Settings for every domain you want to point to your Edupress site.
- Raise a support ticket via the Help screens in the Edupress dashboard to tell us you want to point your domain name at Edupress and what your domain name is. If you want to use more than one domain name you can do this, just tell us all of the domains and which is the main one. Please do this after changing your DNS records so we can go ahead and make the required changes in the Edupress system.
- Wait a few days as the changes will take a while to propagate across the internet. If your domain isn’t working after a week, please raise a follow-up support ticket with us.
Exactly how you create the A record will vary depending on your domain provider. We recommend BigWetFish for UK domain names, and here’s how you do it with them:
- Go to your client area and log in.
- In the Domains menu, click on My Domains.
- Select the domain you want to work with and to the right of its entry, click on Manage Domain.
- You will see the information screen for your domain. In the Management Tools menu, click on Manage DNS. Note: if this isn’t available, you need to add it to your domain, which is free. You do this via the Addons menu on the same screen.
- Find the first blank record in the list (i.e. the field on the left will be empty). Select A (Address) from the drop down menu and type 18.104.22.168 in the Address field. Click on Save Changes.
- That’s it!
If you have any problems, please raise a support ticket and we will try to help as best we can, although we cannot take responsibility for domain names hosted by external providers.
Yes we can. We offer individual, bespoke sites which are tailored to meet your school’s precise requirements. To find out more take a look at our bespoke websites page or call Rachel McCollin on 07858 378178.
The best way is to watch our videos, which show you how Edupress works and give you a guide to getting started. You also have access to these in your website admin, and we’re adding new ones all the time.
You can add as many users to your school website as you need, free of charge. The person who sets the site up will be the Administrator, and you can then add more users with different permissions levels such as Authors, Editors and additional Administrators. It’s a good idea to have only one or two Administrators as they have access to all of your site’s settings, while most of your users will just need to add content.
There are full instructions on working with users in our video on Site Administration, which you can find in the help screens in your site admin or watch here:
If you take out the Gold school website package, you can add extra users who can sign in to the password protected School Portal and see content depending on their role. You can set up whichever roles you need, such as Staff, Parent, School Governor and more.
Right now, there isn’t an Edupress package for PTAs but we are planning to create one before Summer 2013. Exact details haven’t been finalised yet but it will probably include the following:
- A customisable home page
- A customisable design
- A blog or news section
- A calendar
- An ‘about us’ section.
- Great prices – FREE for PTAs at a school already using Edupress and a very low price for other PTAs – we know your hard-raised funds need to go on projects for the children, not on your website!
If you’re interested in a website for your PTA, please get in touch and we’ll let you know as soon as they’re available.
No you don’t. You just need to know how to type in text, upload images (if necessary) and navigate around a browser.
Edupress has been designed to be easy to use – it should take no more than 5-10 minutes to add a new page, document or gallery. The admin screens include help text and videos. This is an area where we believe we are different from our competition, particularly some of the cheaper school website builders which are often difficult to work with.
Edupress works on an annual subscription basis, and you can cancel at any time, so you aren’t committed beyond the current year. The packages are:
- Bronze – £300 per year – gives you a simple Ofsted-compliant website with a Useful Information section, news or blog section, About section, Contact page, calendar powered by Google calendars if you use that, slideshow and front page banners for announcements.
- Silver – £400 per year – everything included in bronze plus sections for vacancies, staff information, community pages and an advanced calendar which you can edit within your site.
- Gold – £500 per year – everything included in Silver plus a password-protected School Portal giving people secure access to documents that aren’t public. You could use this for homework, internal documents or data.
If you set your website up yourself (which is easy to do without writing any code), this is all you will pay.
Two simple answers – yes and no. Yes, we do provide support and no, we don’t charge extra for it.
Once you’ve set up your site you’ll have access to help and support via your site admin. here you can:
- Watch videos to help you learn how to create and manage your site
- Raise a support ticket if you need us to help you with something
- Upload content for us to add to your site if we’re managing it for you.
You won’t pay a penny extra for this.
Yes, we can. For a one-off price of £200 we can create your site for you. This includes:
- Creating a new site with the package you choose, with blank pages for you too fill with your content.
- Customising the colours and fonts.
- Adding your logo.
- Uploading photos to your home page slideshow.
- Adding widgets to your home page.
Once we’ve done this we’ll give you access to your site for a month’s free trial, so you don’t have to pay your first year’s subscription until you’re happy with the site.