With Edupress, you can point your own domain name at your Edupress site free of charge, so your visitors will continue to use the same domain name even though your site has moved. Here’s how to do it:
- Using the control panel or dashboard provided by your domain provider, create an A record with the following value: 18.104.22.168. You will need to do this in the DNS Settings for every domain you want to point to your Edupress site.
- Raise a support ticket via the Help screens in the Edupress dashboard to tell us you want to point your domain name at Edupress and what your domain name is. If you want to use more than one domain name you can do this, just tell us all of the domains and which is the main one. Please do this after changing your DNS records so we can go ahead and make the required changes in the Edupress system.
- Wait a few days as the changes will take a while to propagate across the internet. If your domain isn’t working after a week, please raise a follow-up support ticket with us.
Exactly how you create the A record will vary depending on your domain provider. We recommend BigWetFish for UK domain names, and here’s how you do it with them:
- Go to your client area and log in.
- In the Domains menu, click on My Domains.
- Select the domain you want to work with and to the right of its entry, click on Manage Domain.
- You will see the information screen for your domain. In the Management Tools menu, click on Manage DNS. Note: if this isn’t available, you need to add it to your domain, which is free. You do this via the Addons menu on the same screen.
- Find the first blank record in the list (i.e. the field on the left will be empty). Select A (Address) from the drop down menu and type 22.214.171.124 in the Address field. Click on Save Changes.
- That’s it!
If you have any problems, please raise a support ticket and we will try to help as best we can, although we cannot take responsibility for domain names hosted by external providers.